Valentine's Weekend Inspiration
- A quote from the book I am currently reading, Emma.
"There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart." -Jane Austen
- A cake Jeff and I made one weekend, that looks very festive for Valentine's day. Jeff did the baking, I did the decorating.
- A past photo of my dogs cuddling, on a quilt made by Jeff's Grandma. You can see where Sammy chewed the corner of the couch.
- Peonies from my old back yard.
- A poem below that I love.
A Child's Song
I have a garden of my own, Shining with flowers of every hue; I loved it dearly while alone, But I shall love it more with you: And there the golden bees shall come, In summer-time at break of morn, And wake us with their busy hum Around the Siha's fragrant thorn.
I have a fawn from Aden's land, On leafy buds and berries nurst; And you shall feed him from your hand, Though he may start with fear at first. And I will lead you where he lies For shelter in the noontide heat; And you may touch his sleeping eyes, And feel his little silvery feet.
-Sir Thomas Moore